Spa qualia is a luxurious, contemporary 5-star spa set in a stunning natural environment.
Renowned internationally, spa qualia has been honoured by several of the world’s leading travel and leisure publications including Australian Gourmet Traveller and Conde Nast Traveller UK & USA.
We are seeking highly qualified and experienced therapist who are committed to providing a high standard of excellence and have the passion to offer a deeper sensory experience to every guest.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic award winning team and live the dream, this is a fantastic opportunity.
About The Role
– Providing impeccable service to meet the expectations of qualia’s guests
– Have a strong and thorough knowledge of all products used, treatments and services offered by the Spa
– Meet the weekly and monthly retail targets set down in the Spa budget
– Conduct soft tissue body massages of the muscles, tendons and ligaments to assist in healing
– Administer spa treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
– Ensure sufficient stocks of appropriate linen, robes, and slippers are available at all times, and arrange laundering as required
– Keep all internal and external areas of the Spa clean, tidy and hygienic
– Minimum of 2 years Luxury Spa experience
– Impeccable grooming and presentation
– Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalise treatments to guest’s concerns
– Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills
– Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly
– Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Massage Therapy
– Certification in Deep Tissue and/or Remedial Massage
– A good understanding of spa culture, and the health and well being industry
– Training in Priori & Subtle Energies and/or Sodashi (preferred)
– Dedicated to stay minimum of 12 months & passionate about progressing in career
– Current Open Driver Licence
Culture and Benefits
– Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
– Award-winning international holiday destination
– Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program – pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
– Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
– Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
– Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
– Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
– Close-knit social environment and work culture
– Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.