Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia’s favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle is a magnet for tourists and holiday makers from around the world.
Our renowned day spa, Spa Wumurdaylin, offers a range of specialised holistic spa, massage and skincare therapie. The spa has eleven treatment rooms including three couples’ rooms, two vichy shower rooms and two rain shower rooms.
Spa Wumurdaylin currently has vacancy for an experienced and qualified Senior Spa Therapist.
As a Senior Spa Therapist in our professional and experienced team you will assist the Spa Manager in the ongoing training and development of Spa Staff and manage the booking of treatments in order to maximize Spa revenue whilst ensuring appointments are allocated evenly to Spa Therapists.
As an experienced Spa Therapist you will also be dedicated to provide an exceptional customer service to your Guests whilst performing Spa treatments after conducting assessments of their medical conditions and preparing your treatment rooms. As a passionate and reliable team member you will take pride in your work, maintain the Spa presentation and ensure sufficient stock is available. You will be knowledgeable with our products and able to meet team and individual sales targets.
Further your career path at Spa Wumurdaylin and hone your skills and experience within such a luxury and dynamic environment will provide you an amazing work experience in a well life-balanced environment you would never experienced anywhere.
– Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong desire to be part of a united team and community
– Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
– Cert IV Massage and/or Diploma in Remedial Massage and/or Diploma in Beauty Therapy
– Excellent understanding of the spa, health and well-being industry
– Minimum 2-3 years experience in a similar environment
– An current Driver Licence
– Additional qualifications and experience in Reiki or other specific treatments will be highly regarded
Culture and Benefits
– Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
– Award-winning international holiday destination
– Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program – pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
– Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
– Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
– Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
– Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
– Close-knit social environment and work culture
– Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.