Health and Nutrition Courses Online
This popular study mode offers the ultimate flexibility. Teaching and learning take place online rather than in a classroom, allowing for complete flexibility to study when and where you want. In many ways it is more personalised and intimate than a traditional classroom-based environment.
To suit your needs, ACNT offers a number of its health and nutrition courses distance education in a full-time or part-time capacity.*
Courses Available via Distance Education include:
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Diploma Sport Development
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine
- Nationally-Recognised, Industry-Driven Courses
- Flexible Learning
- Affordable Pricing
- High-Level Support
Reasons why many individuals choose to study online include:
- Nationally-accredited qualifications
- Responsive, one-on-one personalised tutorial support and service
- High-Quality curriculum and learning materials designed for learning anywhere anytime
- Facilitated communication between students, academics and support staff
- Online students receive the same quality qualification as on-campus students
- Access to one of the largest online library in Australia with over 70 million articles available Industry experience
- VET FEE-HELP available on eligible courses, meaning no up-front tuition costs.
How does it all work?
Firstly, you receive a detailed orientation program to explain how distance education at ACNT works. Then you will receive comprehensive learning materials (in printed and electronic form) to guide you through your subjects.
Distance learning allows you to:
- Submit your assessments securely online
- Connect with lecturers and fellow students via group activities and communication channels in a learning community
- You may be required to purchase additional textbooks or organise supervisors for your external examinations.
What about support?
Throughout your studies at ACNT you will have access to:
- A dedicated team of distance education tutors to answer any questions you may have
- A friendly team of distance education student support officers to assist you with any administrative issues you may face during your studies
- Connect with lecturers and fellow students via communication channels in a learning community
How do I gain clinical practice experience?
Obtaining clinical experience is an essential part of many ACNT courses. As a distance education student you will need to find an approved clinical placement. This may involve working under the supervision of an accredited practitioner or as part of a health and wellness clinic.
Your orientation materials provide further details on how to obtain an approved clinical placement. ACNT's Clinical Placement Coordinator can also provide assistance in finding a clinical placement. We recommend that you discuss your clinical placement options with us prior to commencing your course.
Interested in our distance learning? We recommend that you have:
- Access to a computer with internet access;
- Access to video recording facilities; and
- Discussed your Clinic Placement options with a Course and Careers Advisor before starting the course
- Access to an independent professional who can provide exam supervision.
- Part-time student options are available for some ACNT courses.
- Part-time study options are only available to Australian students studying by distance education.
- As a part-time student you will undertake a lower study load in each study period. If you require further information about ACNT's part-time study options, please contact an ACNT Course and Careers Advisor.
* Please note: courses are only available to Australian students. Full-time and part-time modes are available but not all courses are offered in the part-time mode. Please contact your course and careers advisor for more information. As a part-time student your study period will be twice the number of weeks normally scheduled.