Credit transfers and prior learning
Are you looking to develop your natural health career? At ACNT, we try to recognise your prior learning wherever we can. If you have already completed a relevant qualification with ACNT or another institution, or built up knowledge or skills through life or work experience, you can apply for a credit transfer for your degree with us. For all credit transfers, standard entry requirements still apply. Check the entry requirements for your course.
Qualification upgrades and pathways to a degree
If you have already completed a qualification you may be able to credit this against your degree with us, even if it’s from another institution. Learning gained in a qualification is referred to as ‘formal learning’ in our Credit Policy. You will need to provide evidence to support your application for credit based on formal learning, which may include:
- AQF qualification testamur issued by an accredited institution
- formal academic transcript issued by an accredited institution
- statement of attainment issued by an accredited institution
- overseas qualification issued by an institution listed in the AEI NOOSR Country Education Profiles
- syllabus copy detailing the learning outcomes and assessments of the subject(s) undertaken.
We offer guaranteed credit transfers for the qualifications listed below. If you have completed a qualification not listed, we will review this carefully to make sure we provide you with credit towards our degrees whenever appropriate.
|National Code||If you already have this Qualification…||Institution this qualification was awarded…..||You may upgrade to this course||Subjects credited||Credit points||Course Credit Agreement|
|HLT61012||Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine||Any||Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)||24 of 36||240 of 360||Download PDF|
|HLT61012||Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine||Any||Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)||24 of 48||240 of 360||Download PDF|
|HLT60512||Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy||Any||Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)||20 of 36||200 of 360||Download PDF|
|HLT60512||Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy||Any||Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)||36 of 48||360 of 480||Download PDF|
|HLT60112||Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine||Any||Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)||24 of 48||240 of 480||Download PDF|
|HLT60112||Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine||Any||Bachelor of Health Science (Western Herbal Medicine)||24 of 36||240 of 360||Download PDF|
Recognition of prior learning
At ACNT, we recognise that not all learning is conducted in a classroom as you work towards a qualification. We try to recognise your prior ‘informal learning’ and ‘non-formal’ learning wherever possible.
- Informal learning is the result of work or life experience, self-tuition, hobby and leisure activities.
- Non-formal learning is a structured course of learning that does not lead to an officially accredited qualification.
For more information about these types of learning, see our Credit Policy.
You will need to provide evidence to support your application for credit based on informal and/or non-formal learning, which may include:
- letters from employers or references (on business letterhead)
- your resume and corroborating evidence
- work documents/job statement and evidence of process
- portfolios containing samples of work
- presentations or practical demonstrations
- challenge exam
- performance review evidence
- non-award professional development courses, and other non-AQF awards and certificates
- recognition of merit, or industry awards.
We assess each application individually and match your experience to the learning outcomes of the subjects covered in your course. Any work experience you claim must be relevant to the qualification you are applying for.
Want to apply for credit or recognition of prior learning?
For more information on qualification upgrades, pathways, recognition of prior learning, and how to apply for course credit, please read our Credit Policy or contact us on 1300 017 267.