Considering a GAP year in 2013?
What better way to kick off your sport career than working in a summer camp in the USA? ACNT's industry partner Camp Counselors USA (CCUSA) are offering this fantastic opportunity to our Sport and Fitness graduates. For 9-12 weeks you could be gaining valuable experience coaching American kids at a traditional summer camp, meeting people from all over the world and can travel throughout the US.
What is CCUSA?
The CCUSA program allows you to work as a camp counselor at one of 1000 traditional summer camps in the USA. Australian counselors are in high demand for positions that include sport coaching, as well as a range of activities from tennis and archery to abseiling and waterskiing, which makes graduates of our Diploma of Sport Development the perfect candidates.
"I arrived home today from my amazing summer adventure! It's so nice to know the impact that we, as camp counselors, have on the campers. We really do make a difference in their lives. I became qualified in belaying this summer and got to work with the youngest kids for 5 out of 7 weeks. I made so many amazing memories this year and I would recommend summer camp to everyone and anyone interested."
– Sarah, 2012 Camp Counselor.
As an ACNT student you have the benefit of:
- A fast tracked application sent to over 1000 camps in the USA
- A 12% discount off the CCUSA application fee
- Application hints exclusively written for ACNT students
- If you are interested in enrolling in the Diploma of Sport Development after returning from camp, you will receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for your practical experience.
To gain these benefits simply note ACNT as your school on your CCUSA application and email email@example.com to have the discount set up on your application.
As a camp counselor with CCUSA you'll get:
- Up to $2045 for your 9 weeks of work at summer camp
- Free accommodation and food for 9 weeks
- 3 months insurance
- The J1 Camp Counselor Visa paperwork
For more information and to apply visit www.ccusa.com.au